Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog Awards

It’s show time!

Oscar

Vivien Leigh was one of my all-time favorites! She and I share the same birthday, but, ahem, not in the same year! ;-) Here she is after she received her first oscar for her role as Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind.

Yes, it’s time to pass out some awards to those of you that I deem worthy! But first, a word of thanks to the one, the only Hello Gorgeous. Somehow, in this great big blog universe, her blog was one of the first I read and fell in love with. She is witty, wise and oh so stylish! I have to have my daily fix and you should too!

Thank you, my friend for the accolades. I am deeply humbled and appreciative!

Now, onto the awards. The task, which I have chosen to accept, is to pass these three awards on to 10 people or blogs that I deem worthy. They, in turn, must pass them along to 10 other people or blogs that they enjoy in order to “share the love.”

The first award is the “Your Blog is Fabulous Award.” It speaks for itself!

Award_Your_Blog_is_Fab

Next up, is “The Excessively Diverting Blog Award.”

award_excessively_diverting

And finally, we have the Superior Scribbler Award.

award_superior_scribbler_award

And the winners are … (drumroll) …

(Click on the blog name to visit the blog)

Maria at Colour Me Happy. I have learned so much from her, it is absolutely amazing! Visit her blog regularly to learn about colour and its impact on design.

Maya at Completely Coastal. She and I share a love for the coast and all things coastal! A beautiful blog where you can get sources for all of the beautiful things.

Joni at COTE DE TEXAS. She and her blog are absolutely terrific!! And The Washington Post thinks so too!

Julia at Hooked on Houses. She has a fantastic blog and hosts a weekly “Hooked On” Blog Party. Each Friday share with everyone what you're hooked on. It's a blast!

Tamara at The Greenhouse Diaries. You’ll love following this creative and whacky Canadian gal around on her world travels (she’s currently in India) and in her daily greenhouse life! She is the greatest and oh, so creative!

Louise at Scarf it Up! This little lady is oh so talented and displays many beautiful handmade pieces from Etsy on her blog! You can not be a female and not love it! Keep it up Louise!

Jim at Art of Gardening. You’ll feel right at home in Buffalo as you enjoy the sights of the annual Garden Walk there as well as Jim’s little piece of heaven that he calls a yard!

Your Mama at The Real Estalker will have you rolling on the floor laughing your a$$ off. For real!

Things That Inspire is just that. Inspirational!

Terry at The Architecture Tourist is another blogger from Atlanta. He’s got a keen eye for detail and he’s not afraid to share it with us amateurs!

One last shout out has to go to Raina at IF THE LAMPSHADE FITS. Living the dream down under in Kiwiland, she is the queen of snark and all things fun! If Raina didn’t already have these awards, she would certainly be at the top of my list to receive them.

And there you have it! Recipients, come forward and take these images/awards and go forth and share the love! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and your blogs with us. You continue to amaze and inspire me!

10 comments:

  1. Darling, I am so honoured. Thank you so much for the award. I so appreciate your comments and support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for including me with all these other amazing bloggers! I'm a fan of most of them already but will have to check out the ones that are new to me. That's a great list.

    P.S. Love the Oscar photo at the top! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not worthy but I sure appreciate your mentioning me. It will make me try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including me! I am complimented that someone, other than me, finds my blog worth reading. And now, guided by this list, I am off to visit each of these other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so SWEET! Now how am I gonna live up to that description you gave me??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much again..., with my new computer I can now leave comments on your blog, how fantastic is that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and of course you were added to my Thank You post (see sidebar and click on image).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much for the mention...I remember when you found me, and I loved seeing design come to life in landscaping.

    I thought that I had posted a comment to this a few days ago...it is not here. I also thought that I had put you in my list of inspirational blogs, so I just put you in there! It was a complete oversight.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thank you, my daring! I'm sorry I'm so late to acknowledge your generosity and recognition. You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to post this as a comment, but I don’t have your email.
    I am regular visitor of your blog..
    Sir i would request to write more about green architecture...
    architects as architecural know more about Green eco architectural designs are reusable materials, green designs etc.. ..… Create an Eco friendly Green design… Save Earth.. interior designers Bangalore as of natural materials interior designers in Bangalore with almost modern concepts architects bangalore
    12121

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know your thoughts.