Sunday, December 23, 2012

Emerald is the Pantone Color of the Year


Pantone Color of the year

According to the people at Pantone, this emerald green is … “Lively.  Radiant.  Lush … A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.”
The closest green I could find in nature that matches this emerald, was found on the leaves of the Sedum ‘Autumn Joy.’  It appears more as a blue-ish green than a true “emerald” green to me.



Pantone’s emerald appears to be a color not readily found in nature.
When I think of Emerald green, some of the plants that come to mind are …
Emerald Green Arborvitae.

arborvitaeEmeraldGreen
Green peas.


And of course, the Irish Shamrock.

shamrock

Let’s just throw the whole Emerald Isle in there too.

Irish Countryside

And, who can forget the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz?

emerald-city




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know your thoughts.